Government of India Merit Cum means Based Scholarships 2024 Government of India offers merit cum means based scholarships for pursuing degree and / or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. These scholarships are available for studies in India only and will be awarded through an Agency designated by the State Government / UT Administration for this purpose. Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical / professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.Indian Government Scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship / stipend for pursuing the course. Every year 20000 scholarships will be distributed among the students of minority communities throughout the country. 30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community in a state which is transferable to male student of that community in case of non – availability of female candidate in that community in the concerned state. Government of India Scholarship application deadline is 30th of September every year
Eligibility for Indian Government Scholarships 2024
- Students, who have got Scholarship admission in a recognized college to pursue technical / professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical / professional courses, without facing any competitive examination, will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary / graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly of merit.
- Government of India Scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship / stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual family income of the beneficiary / parent or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed 2.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
- A student residing in a particular State / UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State / UT only irrespective of his place of study.
- Indian Government Scholarship Study Subjects Government of India Scholarships are provided in the field of,
- 1. Engineering & Technology Courses ( B.Tech / B.E. / M.Tech. )
- 2. Cement Technology
- 3. Fashion Technology ( Degree from National Institute of Fashion Technology ),
- 4. Management
- 5. Pharmacy
- 6. Architecture & Town Planning ( Under Graduate and Post Graduate level courses only )
- 7. Hotel Management & Catering Technology ( Under Graduate and Post Graduate level courses only )
- 8. Applied Arts & Crafts ( Under Graduate and Post Graduate level courses only )
- 9. MCA, Design ( Degree from National Institute of Design, Ahamdabad )
- 10. Medical & Para Medical courses
- 11. Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry
- 12. Chartered Accountancy/ Institute of Cost and Work Accountancy / Company Secretary and law.
Indian Government Scholarship Description
Every year 20000 scholarships will be distributed among the students of minority communities throughout the country. he scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme. An additional provision of 3% of the total budget will be made to meet the administrative and allied costs viz. expenditure on monitoring of the scheme, impact study, evaluation study, purchase of office equipments, engaging of contract employees, if necessary and other expenditure to run the cell etc. This will be shared between the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India and the State Governments / UT Administration.
- Scholarship Course Level :
- Indian Government Scholarships are available for pursuing degree and / or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a
- recognized institution.
- Scholarship Provider : Government of India.
- Scholarship can be taken at : India.
- Scholarship Open for International Students : The students of India can apply for these scholarships
Maintenance Allowance : ( For 10 months only ) – Rate for hostler – 10,000/ per annum – Rate for Day
Scholar ( 5,000/ per annum.( 500 p.m. ) ( 1000 p.m.)
Government of India Scholarship Course Fee : ( Rate for hostler ) 20,000/ per annum or Actual
whichever is less Rate for Day Scholar 20,000/ per annum or Actual whichever is less.
Maintenance allowance is payable from 1st April or from the month of Scholarship admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, ( including maintenance allowance during holidays ) maximum twice a year, provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of Government India Scholarship admission.
In case of renewal of Indian Government scholarships awarded in the previous years, maintenance
allowance will be paid from the month following the month upto which Government of India scholarship was paid in the previous year, if the course of study is continuous.
The Government of the State / Union Territory Administration, to which they belong, in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard, will pay the scholarship money to the selected students.
Indian Government Scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship / house manship in the M.B.B.S. course or for a practical training in other course if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance / stipend during the practical training in other course.
How to Apply Government of India Scholarship 2024
Government of India Scholarship applications in the prescribed format may be submitted to the Secretary of the, department of the concerned State Government / UT administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical / professional courses. The student must submit their Government of India Scholarship applications to the state which he / she belongs to and not to the state where the institution where he / she is studying, is located.
Government of India Scholarship Application Form 2024
In case of fresh scholarships for the year 2024 students can apply online upto midnight of September 2024 and in case of renewal of scholarships student scan apply online upto midnight of December 2024