There appears to be a rising tide of subscribers switching to Jio from competing networks. First, you must understand that “porting” is switching to the new network while keeping your current phone number. Your existing phone number will transfer to the new service provider as soon as the porting process is complete.
You must follow the procedures to move your number from Airtel to Jio.
You can also physically submit an MNP request by visiting a nearby jio store.
|Airtel to Jio Porting
|WhatsApp number for queries
|Toll free number
- From the Airtel number, you want to port to Jio, send an SMS message with the following format to 1900: PORTspace>your 10-digit mobile number>.
- Your current network provider will send you an SMS with the UPC code (Universal Product Code) and expiration data at some point soon.
- Download the MyJio app from the App Store now. Launch the app to create a Jio discount code.
- Bring your smartphone, the UPC code on the back of the phone, and the Jio discount code to any Reliance Jio/Digital/Dx small retail shop in your area.
- An Aadhaar card or similar evidence of residency is required. You must provide other acceptable address evidence besides your Aadhaar card if it does not include your local address. You’ll also need to show some form of valid identification. Keep two passport-sized photos on hand, too.
- With the eKYC procedure, the Reliance or Jio shop associates will activate your Jio service at your request.
- If you have any outstanding balances with Airtel as a postpaid customer, you must pay them in full before you may begin the porting procedure.
- Within the next seven business days, you can transfer your Airtel mobile number to the Jio network. For the time being, Airtel’s services will continue to operate normally. When the porting process is complete, you will receive a notification that your phone is compatible with the new network.