Switching from Jio to Airtel in under two minutes: In this article, we will discuss migrating a Jio SIM to Airtel. If you have a Jio SIM and wish to transfer it to Airtel, you will find this information extremely useful. This will occur, and as a result, you can effortlessly port your SIM card to Airtel. Therefore, you should read our entire article attentively.
How to Port Jio to Airtel
Because the Jio company initially provided its users with many features, many people began to use this SIM card. However, users began encountering various issues with this SIM as time passed, including network-related topics. People want to port their Jio SIM to Airtel so that they do not have to change the number when they change the SIM, and anyone can contact you based on your former number.
How To Transfer Jio To Airtel
Suppose you do not like the service of a particular company. In that case, you can change the SIM card to another company’s SIM card by following a straightforward procedure and transferring the Jio SIM to any company. Today, we will discuss the Jio-Airtel migration process. Follow this procedure if you wish to share your Jio SIM with Airtel.
To port your number to another number, you must first submit an SMS from your current number; only then can you port your number. We are providing you with comprehensive details, which are as follows.
- Send to 1900 by first entering PORT, a space, and your mobile number.
- If your phone number is 9999988888, you must send PORT 9999988888 to the number 1900.
- You will now receive a text message from the company containing a UPC code and its expiration date.
- After obtaining the UPC code, you must visit an Airtel Service Center or speak with any Airtel SIM vendor.
- You must now request that he port your Jio SIM to Airtel. The seller will request your UPC code, which you must provide.
- The vendor will now hand you a SIM card; please accept it.
In this way, you can port your Jio SIM to Airtel, and even after receiving the SIM, you can retain the Jio SIM in your phone for some time; as soon as the Jio SIM’s network goes out, your Airtel SIM will automatically begin functioning. Then, you can insert the Airtel SIM card into your phone and use it.
How To Online Port Jio To Airtel
If desired, you can also transfer your Jio SIM to Airtel online. You can migrate your Jio SIM to Airtel online using the procedure we’re describing now. For this, you must adhere to the instructions provided by us.
- To migrate the SIM online, first of all, you must consult the website of https://www.airtel.in/mnp/.
- You will now see the recharge plans, from which you must select the Rs 499 or Rs 999 recharge plan and then click the buy button.
- (You may be thinking that you must choose a recharge plan; however, for offline SIM porting, you can recharge after porting, whereas for online porting, you must recharge first, and then you can recharge your SIM. Can transfer the SIM.
- A new page will appear in front of you; after entering your name, city name, address, etc., for KYC verification, you must submit the form after accurately filling out all the information.
- An Airtel representative will come to your residence to give you a SIM card. You will be asked for your UPC, which you can obtain by sending an SMS to 1900 as outlined above. Once you provide the UPC to the Airtel representative, he will give you your SIM card. Activates the SIM card.
- In this manner, you can quickly transfer your Jio number to Airtel. After obtaining an Airtel SIM, you must keep that SIM with you. If the network of your Jio SIM goes down, you can port your Jio number to Airtel. Insert the Airtel SIM card into your phone, and then you can begin using this SIM card.
How Long Will It Take To Transfer From Jio To Airtel?
If you are wondering how long it takes to activate or port a Jio Jio SIM card to Airtel, as many people do, then you should know that most people already have this SIM card in their phones. Porting is completed within 24 hours, though it may take longer for some individuals. This procedure may take up to 7 days to complete, so transferring the SIM will take no longer than 7 days. You might need to wait until.
How To Determine If A SIM Card Has Been Ported Or Not
When you port your SIM, your Jio SIM’s network disappears, and your Airtel SIM’s network appears. After the network of Jio goes away, you take out the Jio SIM and place your Airtel SIM in the phone, and after that, you can use the Airtel SIM on your phone. Will suffice.
Documents Required For SIM Card Portability
If you want to port your SIM, you must have certain documents; only then will you be able to transfer your SIM. The following documents are required to port your SIM.
- To transfer a SIM, you must have one of the documents, such as an Aadhar card, an identity card, or a driver’s license, that you used to purchase the SIM, as well as two passport-sized photographs.
- Your Jio SIM must be at least 90 days old for SIM portability.
- You must pay any outstanding SIM expenses to migrate a postpaid SIM card. Only if all costs are paid will you be able to migrate the SIM card.
What To Do If A UPC Code Has Expired?
When many people attempt to migrate their SIM, their UPC code expires, so if this is the case for you as well, you do not need to take any additional steps; simply submit the UPC code. After returning the SMS, you will receive a new UPC.
What is the cost to port a number?
If you want to transfer your Jio SIM to Airtel, then the port charge is Rs 6.46, but along with this, you also have to pay the SIM charge, and if you get the SIM migrated from a retailer, then the retailer will charge you Rs. May also levy up to 100 rupees.
How to Terminate a Port
If you wish to terminate the porting of your SIM, you must cancel your Jio number. You must transmit the message Cancel null mobile number from your SIM to 1900. The procedure of migrating your SIM card will conclude at this point. In this manner, you can also terminate the SIM porting process.
However, you must remember that if you cancel the SIM port, the money stolen from you will not be returned.
Will the SIM’s recharge plans be accessible on the new SIM after the transfer?
Before transferring the SIM, you should be aware that whatever recharge or plan you have activated on your Jio will not be available on the new SIM, and you will receive a new SIM after porting. Try to port your SIM when your Jio balance or plan is about to expire so that you can recharge it.
Through this article, we have attempted to provide you with information on how to port Jio to Airtel; as a result, you will be able to transfer your Jio SIM card to Airtel very quickly. Please contact us if you have any further concerns. If you require any type of information, please let us know by leaving a comment, and if you find the information beneficial, please share it with your peers via social media so that others can obtain it as well.